Our work with the British Antarctic Survey

2017/01/01

Sunday January 1st 2017 – moving H1

By

DSCN1798

Today I checked the H1 bolted connections on the towing frame and noted all was good apart from a poorly fitting rear steering tie. We came up with a solution to overcome this and then I checked the sub-floor. I checked that all the locking pins were still out and noted that legs 3 &4 hydraulic rams already at an angle to the connection plates (which was something I noticed on the H2 module during towing).

The final check ahead of this evenings move was a check on the A-frame connection and load shackles. We leave to quite a crowd at site VI and arrive to a small group at VIa.  Again another cold sledge ride back and a very late night.

 

Click here to read more posts by Ben Rowe

LEAVE A COMMENT