I spent the morning writing an initial pass of the discussion and recommendations sections of the module condition report. I also planned the next list of tasks, which include;
• an assessment of the north end fire escape damage
• measuring leg extension to gauge height that the leg’s pins could be engaged
• checking leg hydraulic system
• reviewing hydraulic crane support steelwork to understand comments on performance
• start writing simplified procedure for lifting
• looking at superDARN aerial array sinkage
• assess forces on red unit towing frame given different friction scenarios.
Sunday 18th December
Awoke feeling bit rough from cold and now cough, seems that I have eventually succumbed to the Antarctic germs that everyone else has had previously.